Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rachel's Quilt




The girl that Justin worked with, Rachel, asked us to make her a third quilt! I was so excited and I loved the colors so I probably would have done it whether she was actually interested or not. Appearantly it was the colors in a friends' wedding so she was going to give the newly married couple the quilt as a gift.

It was definately one of my harder quilts to do. I had never had so many triangles and designs before. The squares are about 5" in gray, black and red. The red actually looks as if it is covered in flower petals. I thought it was absolutely beautiful when I found it. I'm not sure what the pattern is called but I know that I found it in one of my grandmother's sewing books.
P.S. Rachel has not paid for the quilt yet so we are only giving her a few more weeks. If you happen to be interested in this quilt, please contact me for information.




No comments:

Post a Comment