Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby Lily Family Quilt


My cousin, Earl, and his wife, Rebecca, found out just before their first anniversary that they were pregnant. Well, in June or July (sorry don't remember which), Rebecca gave birth to Baby Lily. I had been planning on just making a regular quilt to send down to them. Well, my Aunt Naomi thought that I should have each family member sign a block and put them all into a quilt. I thought it was a great idea! So I sent squares out to everyone in our family from NY to SC and they all sent them back in so they could be sewn together. Earl and Rebecca really enjoyed the quilt and I'm hoping to get a picture of Lily and her quilt.

The pattern is Around the World and each square is about 8". There are 24 blocks that have a personal message written to the baby on them. Some people used markers, puffy paint, sewing of their own and iron-on pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment